permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: Oppose cloining animals for food

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sanrico@highdesert.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: Oppose cloining animals for food
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:32:34 -0800 (PST)

This is a really loaded question, and I've been kinda waiting for it to pop
up,
what with all the recent discussion about spirituality, etc. I would not
venture
an answer, or even an opinion (not that it would be qualified, anyway) - but,
speaking as one who 'communicates' with my surroundings, this horrifies me.
The
fact that I am atheist, animist, whatever...doesn't keep me from screaming (to
myself): Where are these animals souls? Their essence? Their...spirit? Worse
yet,
where are the souls and brains of the folks doing this bizarre stuff?
I never thought of looking for the 'soul' of something in the bottom of a
petri
dish. Is it time to start?
Sandy Carrillo