permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The main reason why New Agers dominate permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The main reason why New Agers dominate permaculture
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:43:28 -0500

Rain Tenaqiya wrote:

My own opinion is that the reason why New Agers tend to dominate permaculture groups is because wealthy hippie types seem to outnumber other types. Wealthy hippies tend to have self-assuring beliefs which make them feel good, and help assuage any guilt they have for being so privileged in a very messed up world. I personally despise New Age religion and find a lot of it in direct contradiction to permaculture principles. A New Ager recently told me that the black Darfurians were being attacked because they had rape and murder obsessed minds.

What a hoot.

"Wealthy hippies".

There were the sixties, a cultural renaissance, and the Beatniks who evolved
from the Bohemians who date way back.
Then these folks began migrating to the country to live away from the ratrace
and learn to become self-sufficient
and live a healthy, independent life in a nurturing environment. These back-to-the-landers are identical to present day permaculturists.

So what, who are these hippies you refer to? The frothingmouth rightwingers constantly drivel on about hoe the "hippies of the sixties" are the root cause of all the problems we have nowadays.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm