permaculture - Re: [permaculture] ipc8 in brasil

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: holmgren@netconnect.com.au
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] ipc8 in brasil
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:44:20 +1100

Dear Skye, some time back we sent you our proposal for what we can offer on our visit to america latina starting at IPC8 but I haven't receive a reply from you. Did you receive it? We would like to offer a 3-4 day advanced Permaculture Principles workshop in conjunction with the convergence and continue on from there. We are feeling a little under siege as David has not been invited to speak at the convergence or conference so are not sure how to go about or where to offer this course so that attendees can take advantage of this offer. Ali Sharif does not acknowledge David's existence in the Pc world and seems to help Bill in his attempt to write David out of history. We do not want to add to this divisiveness ... it does nothing for the movement. When we were in Croatia at the last IPC David asked Bill to stop doing this stuff in public and do something to show a coming together for the sake of the movement, personal stuff aside for the sake of the movement.
Ali Shariff present at the time.
We would really appreciate some thoughts from you about this matter.
Cheers, Su Dennett

Dear Permies - I am passing this letter on to the international permaculture movement as requested by the Permear Permaculturists Network at their recent anuual meeting in Brasilia. Thank you

Skye

Dear Permaculture Friends,
We recently learned from friends in Australia and the United States that the IPC-8 is to be held here in Brazil in 2007.

We are a group of Brazilian Permaculturists, some with more than 20 years of experience. We work locally and regionally in various forms: private and community projects, in institutes, with indigenous communities , with farmers, universities, social movements and professionally as rural and urban consultants. Over the years, as result of the need to share experiences and mutual inspiration, the Permear Permaculturists Network was born, which has, as basic characteristics, the ethics of permaculture, interpersonal relationships and free exchange of information, through internet forums and in periodic meetings which occur in the various regions of the country.

Our network is growing as desired, naturally and organically. At present we are 40 members spread over the various ecosystems in Brazil in projects which involve many other permaculturists , in 9 states of this immense country.

In our last meeting in Brasilia, in July of 2006, we decided that, for us, the IPC-8 is important and inspiring. We will be happy and proud to present our projects in the convergence and share our experiences with other permaculturists. As such, we will be participating in the event as any other permaculturist would, through the official site of the event. It is our intention that our interactions be positive for all and principally for the development of Permaculture in Brazil.

Furthermore, we would be happy to offer our permaculture sites for visitation from those colleagues who will be coming to this continent called Brazil. Our doors will be open before and after the events of the IPC-8. Those interested should enter in contact directly with us individually. Visit our site www.permear.org.br

Best wishes to all ,

Members of Permear, Brazilian Permaculturists

David Holmgren & Su Dennett
Holmgren Design Services
Ph + 61 3 53483636
Email info@holmgren.com.au
Website http://www.holmgren.com.au

Melliodora (Hepburn Permaculture Gardens)
16 Fourteenth St,
Hepburn
Victoria
Australia. 3461.