permaculture - Re: [permaculture] leads in Portland Oregon for a young couple

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Cereghino <paul.cereghino@comcast.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] leads in Portland Oregon for a young couple
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:20:12 -0800

Have them check out Tryon Life Community Farm, though it is not centrally located it is pretty.
http://www.tryonfarm.org/
I just met some of them but they seemed like fine young folks, and need hard working hands with level heads.
~Paul Cereghino

Some very nice people
Kathy Evans wrote:

Hello, I asked this once before, but lost the contact when computer
crashed....my daughter and her fiance (23 and 27) are moving from St. Louis
to Portland at the end of this month. Does anyone have any recommendations
about neighborhoods? They are budding permies, he's an artist/primitive
skills type, she's going to midwifery school, they are of modest means. They
could also possibly benefit from being able to stay with someone a day or two
while they look for a place (I have a couple of names for them but want
several so they don't have to stay anyplace more than a couple of days). Or
if they find something that seems wonderful from afar they might rent it
sight unseen...either a good walking neighborhood or an inviting little house
someplace. Possibly want to buy a house eventually. Midwifery school is in
Southeast but immediate neighborhood did not appeal to them. Thanks for any
leads! Kathy in St. Louis

Kathy Evans
evansdk@earthlink.net