permaculture - [permaculture] Subscribing to this list - requirement stated in the list homepage to be strictly enforced from now on.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Subscribing to this list - requirement stated in the list homepage to be strictly enforced from now on.
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:15:30 -0500

From now on I am enforcing the requirement for new subscribers, stated
on the list homepage, the following:

"Subscribing to permaculture

First, send your request for subscription in a private email message to the list owner, lfl at intrex dot net. Include your full name and reason for wanting to join the list. This step is not optional and you will not be subscribed without completing it. If your request is approved then return to this page and continue the registration process: Subscribe to permaculture by filling out the following form. You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. Once confirmation is received, your request will be held for approval by the list moderator. You will be notified of the moderator's decision by email."

I might add that when receiving legitimate subscription requests from known or knowable parties I usually always subscribe those persons myself at that time.

So I get this request today to join the list from some jackass:

Your authorization is required for a mailing list subscription request
approval:
For: handcuffs.please@gmail.com
List: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Not funny. Not cute either. A waste of my time to have to be constantly on
guard to filter morons like
that out of the subscription process.

Some have asked that the list message archives be made private. The
disadvantages seem to outweigh
the advantages so, in the interest of keeping the valuable information
contained in them continuously
accessable by users, researchers and Google, I keep them open to the public.
If anyone has any ideas
or suggestions regarding subscription and privacy issues, post feedback.

If anyone would like to help me run this list as co-owner, moderator or both,
let me know.

Thanks,

Lawrence
permaculture list owner