permaculture - Re: [permaculture] edited draft of Mother Earth News request

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] edited draft of Mother Earth News request
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 20:36:38 -0500

John,
Were you ever a lawyer? You don't have to answer. You could plead the fifth amendment (while it lasts). ;-)
Keith

John Fritz wrote:
The following is my first draft of a petition to The Mother Earth News (MEN) for and update to their March/April 1980 story about the methods of Jean Pain, in his use of forest thicket compost. I had considered using petitions online to compile the signatures but thought that this could be construed as an adversarial approach to garnering MEN's help. For now I think that I will just submit the following to the permaculture list, set a reasonable time limit for response to me, and then printout the responses and mail them to MEN. Please do not sign the following petition at this time. I am just looking for input at this time. When we have a final draft I will re-submit it as "Final Draft of Mother Earth News Petition" and then begin collecting email signatures. Thanks for any ideas you may have. John Fritz, NW Arkansas Request to The Mother Earth News for An Update onThe Methods of Jean Pain
Widespread knowledge of Jean Pain's forest thicket composting methods would help advance rural economies, support the healing of our forests and increase the
productivity of our gardens.
His ideas could empower rural self-reliance by providing inexpensive heating for our homes, water, and cooking while enhancing habitat for wildlife.
We encourage The Mother Earth News to publish an update to it's March/April 1980 story about the methods of Jean Pain especially his methods for easy replication and it's implications in regard to dwindling natural gas supplies.
--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."