permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Food Not Lawns book (+ Thesis File)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sustain_ability@123mail.org
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Food Not Lawns book (+ Thesis File)
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 16:47:24 -0500

Heather,

I am trying to provide a free service myself on the
http://transitions.blogspot.com site. But there is a difference between
free and non-profit. Wealth creation as exemplified by the post-WWII
Cold War era of Big Oil is still the dominant paradigm; I have dedicated
myself to struggling with this incredibly destructive, murderous, zero
sum game materialism.

Your approach can easily be misconstrued in many places as too radical.
The best definition of permaculture I have seen recently is found in a
45 page thesis that I downloaded but can't find the original URL. If you
have the time, I can send you the acrobat file.

And to all list members: I am glad we share our thoughts and actions and
I pray we will continue to do so.

George
PS: I am also trying to track down the author of the above mentioned
thesis.

unladen european swallow