permaculture - [permaculture] glazings rehash - is this list a cauldron?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Sean Albiston" <lab@physics.umn.edu>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] glazings rehash - is this list a cauldron?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:08:06 -0600 (CST)

Below is a response I wrote to another listserv regarding corrugated
polyethylene.

sean albiston
zone 4b

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

A new thread perhaps: attached greenhouses or sunspaces.
Anyone explored options for design and materials?
Hint: clear flat polycarbonate sheets 1/8-3/16".

Can you elaborate? There's a large porch on the south side of the
small farmhouse I recently bought. Currently it's poorly designed
and sealed, but still heats up very nicely when the sun is out.
It'll be next summer before I can think about rebuilding it, but I'm
collecting information and ideas on it now. I'd like to open it up
more and screen the whole thing, and have glass or plexi or whatever
panels to close it in during the winter.