permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 47, Issue 11

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tom Gorman <tom@honeychrome.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 47, Issue 11
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:19:36 -0500

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

A new thread perhaps: attached greenhouses or sunspaces.
Anyone explored options for design and materials?
Hint: clear flat polycarbonate sheets 1/8-3/16".

Can you elaborate? There's a large porch on the south side of the small farmhouse I recently bought. Currently it's poorly designed and sealed, but still heats up very nicely when the sun is out. It'll be next summer before I can think about rebuilding it, but I'm collecting information and ideas on it now. I'd like to open it up more and screen the whole thing, and have glass or plexi or whatever panels to close it in during the winter.