permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture - definition, resources for (aka FAQ)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture - definition, resources for (aka FAQ)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:47:58 -0500

The Permaculture FAQ originated in this list many years ago and many people
contributed to it
with posts to this forum. Steve Diver edited a final version and published it
on the ATTRA website.

A friend and I were discussing the possibility of creating online resources
that would enable
a general document describing permaculture and listing resources associated
with it to be created and maintained by the
permaculture community-at-large by way of a collection of interactive, connected web resources including its own website. A permaculture wiki with peer-reviewed submissions by registered users is one way to go. This appeals to me as long as the wiki software used offers an RSS feed so it can be linked to an array of topical blogs and galleries (all linked together with RSS feeds) and vice versa. Each segment of the FAQ could have its own blog for information development. This could become an elegant project.

Does anyone know of wiki software that offers sending and receiving RSS
feeds? PMWiki, TikiWiki, Mediawiki? Other?

Would this be an appropriate group project for this list to take on? Anyone
interested in participating in it?

LL
3 Ponds Permaculture
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl@intrex.net
info@market-farming.com
Market Farming
http://market-farming.com
Venaura Farm, sustainably-grown produce & garden handtools
http://market-farming.com/venaurafarm
Venaura Farm Blog
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com/
Permaculture mailing list