permaculture - [permaculture] YES! Magazine - supporting you in creating a more just, sustainable, and compassionate world

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] YES! Magazine - supporting you in creating a more just, sustainable, and compassionate world
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:49:03 -0500

YES! Magazine - supporting you in creating a more just, sustainable, and
compassionate world
<http://www.yesmagazine.org/>

Questions about PFN andYES!:
What does the Positive Futures Network (PFN) do?
Our purpose is to support people’s active engagement in creating a more just, sustainable, and compassionate society. We produce a quarterly magazine, YES! magazine, this website (www.yesmagazine.org), and we reach out to educators, community organizations, and groups working for a better world.

Who are you associated with?
We work with many individuals and organizations—those working locally and globally, young people and elders, people of diverse racial and ethnic communities and nationalities, from diverse interest areas and social and political movements. But we are an independent organization.

What is YES! magazine all about?
We focus on a different topic each quarter, each one on opportunities for social change toward a more just, sustainable, and compassionate world. Recent issues have focused on redefining the “good life,” great urban places, preserving and reclaiming water resources, rethinking elderhood, finding alternatives to oil dependence. You can find a complete listing at our back issues page and articles sorted by topic.

What is “sustainability?”
Living in balance and interacting with our communities and our planet in ways that will sustain all forms of life now and in the future.

Are you a for-profit or non-profit organization?
We are a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. (Donations are tax deductible).

  • [permaculture] YES! Magazine - supporting you in creating a more just, sustainable, and compassionate world, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 11/24/2006