permaculture - [permaculture] Fw: Az Permaculture Convergence Update

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Josh Robinson <rolling_stone123@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fw: Az Permaculture Convergence Update
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:40:12 -0800 (PST)

Here is some info on the first annual Arizona Permaculture Convergence!

Subject: Az Permaculture Convergence Update

Hello,
Here's an updated schedule. Hope to see you!
Andrew Millison

The time has come for an Arizona Permaculture Convergence! With
all of the shifts that are occurring on earth right now it is
important to recognize and utilize our existing resources. Many of us
have learned the language of the desert and have responded to her
voice, the voice that has revealed to us the many pathways that lead
us to caring for her as well as our families and communities. It is
important that we come together in Arizona and let our voices be
heard. We will take this opportunity over these two days to solidify
our connections with those that want to share and represent Arizona
and the abundance of life that exists here. We are blessed with the
many contributions that this convergence will capture. Let's open our
eyes and our hearts to the power of this movement right here in our
own backyard!

The following speakers will be honored on:

November 17th and 18th @ Sam Hill Warehouse in

232 N. Granite St PRESCOTT, AZ 86303

Friday, Novmeber 17th

8:30am: LIGHT BREAKFAST/Tea/Coffee/SPEAKER REGISTRATION

10:00am: Lisa Rayner: Flagstaff, AZ: "Food Species for
Flagstaff: growing food locally/population carrying capacity.

11:30am *Justin Willie: Flagstaff, AZ (tba)

1:00pm: LUNCH

2:00pm *Lilian Hill: Kykotsmovi, AZ "Our House Made of Earth"/
Youth Empowerment

3:30pm Kevin Dahl: "Ancient Seeds For Modern Needs" Tucson, AZ:
Executive Director of Native Seed/Search, a non-profit that for 23
years has worked to preserve the agricultural diversity of the
Southwest. Kevin will be discussing "Ancient Seeds for Modern Needs:
Lessons from traditional Southwestern Agriculture for your
Permaculture design.

5:00pm CLOSING CIRCLE

Saturday, November 18th

8 am BREAKFAST

9am: "Running Support: the ECO-HOOD"Learn how local
Prescottonian Thomas a.k.a Pig sprints across Arizona and how this
benefits the local community!

10:00am: Andrew Millison will take us on a short walk, down the
street, to explain all of the flows that make up the local Prescott
Eco-hood. He will discuss Whole systems that thrive on small scales
and show us everything from Rainwater to creating a powerful statement
in the community through displaying examples of sustainable food
production.

1pm: Take Part in a Round table discussion addressing the future
of Permaculture in Arizona!

2-3pm: CLOSING CIRCLE (go to next page for Contact info)

$25= 1 day

$40= both days

This donation covers your breakfast and lunch. Local/organic food will
be provided by Prescott College Chef Molly Beverly!

CONTACT LYRIC to make your Reservation!!

lyricharmony13@hotmail.com

(928) 710-6744

A portion of the proceeds will support the local Prescott ECO-HOOD and
the amazing speakers that we are so blessed to have with us!! Thank
you for your Love and support!

  • [permaculture] Fw: Az Permaculture Convergence Update, Josh Robinson, 11/07/2006