permaculture - [permaculture] Shredded wood looking ground covering

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jake Davis" <livingfossil@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Shredded wood looking ground covering
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:37:53 -0500

Hey all,

I am digging up the back yard in my apartment to prepare a little garden bed
for next spring. The previous tenants put in a bunch of mulchy looking
shredded wood and two different colors of stone over a black nylon fabric to
keep any plants from coming up. My question is, does anyone know if the
shredded wood that is commonly used for this sort of thing is chemically
treated, or if there is anyway for me to find out easily whether to wood I
have is? I was thinking of using the woody ground cover as the mulch
covering for sheet mulch, but I don't want to use it if it is going to leech
(even more) nasty chemicals into the soil.

-Jake

--
El SueƱo De La Razon Produce Monstruos

  • [permaculture] Shredded wood looking ground covering, Jake Davis, 11/07/2006