permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Moringa probably won't grow in central Texas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Moringa probably won't grow in central Texas
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:40:28 -0500

Hi Rain,

Well, yes the morniga does freeze down to nothing when it gets too cold.
But it comes right back up again, and the growth is surprising. I currently
keep one indoors during the winter - she is part of the family now - the
kids say "good morning moringa". I have a south facing wall I am going to
put seeds along and see how well they do can do for themselves outside. The
claimed nutritional and health values are so good, so I have to try.

Thanks everyone,

Marjory
.