permaculture - [permaculture] nutritional valuess for designing a system

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] nutritional valuess for designing a system
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:27:23 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to develop a sustainable feeding system for rabbits, poultry,
humans, etc. I am wanting to use paulownia, tagasate, and moringa trees. I
intend to use those trees as they are hardy, easy to grow, quick growing,
can withstand poor soils, and are drought tolerant.

Does anyone know where there is specific information on the nutrient values
in the leaves of these plants? Very specific information: for example - 1
ounce of fresh leaves of morniga contian 220 mg of vitamin C, 607 gm of
protein, etc., etc. I am also very open to suggestions for other hardy and
nutritious perriennal food sources. I live in Central Texas - zone 7-9
depending on the year.

Thank you so much.

Marjory Glowka
Red Rock, TX