permaculture - [permaculture] permaculture has everything to do with politics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] permaculture has everything to do with politics
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:16:03 -0700 (PDT)

In addition to what Robyn Francis and others had to say, permaculture is
about creating permanent culture. Politics is simply the creation of social
policy, which is one of the ways that we create culture. There are a lot of
random posts on this list, so I don't want to encourage more, but if we can
suggest ways of applying the permaculture principles and design methods to
address political problems, then please do so.

Obviously, the Bush administration understands the principle that what goes
around comes around and they are trying to block the free functioning of
feedback for their actions. Despite what some New Agers and other
religionists say, it does seem possible for individuals to largely escape
retribution for harmful actions. But what about the effects on future
generations? If they are good politicians, the bushies should be able to
turn a problem into a solution. Let's see.

Rain