permaculture - [permaculture] Free Video evening

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Free Video evening
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:58:42 -0500

Hello Everyone,

Red Rock is about 35 miles SE of Austin. We are a small rural community
dedicated to relocalizing our economy. First priority is creating more
locally grown food. Lots of permies in the area.

FREE Video: 'Circle of Plenty' at the Red Rock Community Center
September 23, 2006 from 7 - 9 pm.

Growing your own food has so many benefits; health, food security, and extra
income. John Jeavons has spent the last 33 years researching how an
ordinary person with limited resources can provide for her/himself
sustainably forever and the method is being used world-wide. It doesn't
take a lot of space or time to grow all you need for a healthy diet. Come
explore this work of Jeavons and a lively discussion afterwards at the Red
Rock Community Center on September 23, 2006 from 7-9pm. Nancy Dennis, who
has been studying, practicing, and teaching will guide the evening.

Children welcome to play outside on the covered benches.

There will also be a hands-on food grwoing workshop in Red Rock for local
residents Oct. 7 & 14. Call Marjory Glowka at 830 839 4077 for more
information.