permaculture - Re: [permaculture] a side note

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] a side note
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 01:49:41 -0400

Johnathan Avery Yelenick wrote:
a little off topic, but important to know:

On August 3, the US Senate ratified the Convention on Cybercrime[1].
This paves the way for greater international cooperation on
cybersecurity issues... doesn't sound so bad until you hear that the
Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) calls this "the world's worst
internet law."

As usual, we will keep you updated on this law and our evolving police
state.

Also offtopic buy unbelievable (would these efficient weapons be used on human rights, animal rights, environmental, anti-globalism, agriculture reform activists and participants in other important gatherings? :

<http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/12/usaf.weapons.ap/index.html>
Air Force chief: Test weapons on testy U.S. mobs
POSTED: 6:35 p.m. EDT, September 12, 2006
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Nonlethal weapons such as high-power microwave devices
should be used on American citizens in
crowd-control situations before being used on the battlefield, the Air Force
secretary said Tuesday.
The object is basically public relations. Domestic use would make it easier
to avoid questions from others about
possible safety considerations, said Secretary Michael Wynne.
"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we
should not be willing to use it in a wartime
situation," said Wynne. "(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon
and they claim that it injured them in a
way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world
press."
The Air Force has paid for research into nonlethal weapons, but he said the
service is unlikely to spend more money on
development until injury problems are reviewed by medical experts and
resolved.
Nonlethal weapons generally can weaken people if they are hit with the beam.
Some of the weapons can emit short, intense
energy pulses that also can be effective in disabling some electronic devices.