permaculture - Re: [permaculture] North American Union

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] North American Union
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 18:15:26 -0400

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
Keith Johnson wrote:
a superstate called the North American Union (NAU).
Quietly but systematically, the Bush Administration is advancing the plan to
build a huge NAFTA Super Highway
Yeah, Been reading about it.
What will it mean for Permaculture?
Get to work, obviously.
Yah, fairly obvious.
grow your own food and network woth others doing the same
Doing that...
take responsiblilty for your own health, eat wisely and get exercise
and that...(although that may be somewhat challenging as I just learned that Indiana has been ranked 48th of the states in overall environmental quality ranking 2nd in toxic chemical discharges to its waterbodies, 527 of which are designated as impaired. Indiana ranks 2nd in nitrogen oxide emissions from power plants, and has the 5th highest risk of premature death from coal-fired power plants. Indiana continues to lose farmland at the rate of 100,000 acres per year.
retool your lifestyle and homestead infrastructure to be more energy efficient
and that...(all new windows to replace the leaky single panes and more insulation)
spend more time in this list, learn and share
do that a LOT.....
expand the PC Activist & its website & the PC global directory
I keep doing that (though I spend a lot of time looking for Pc folks online and wish more would write to me with their contact info so I can do more to help y'all.) What all else would you like to see at the Activist website?

--
Keith Johnson
Permaculture Activist Magazine