permaculture - Re: [permaculture] OT: BBC NEWS | Health | 'Friendly bacteria' gumforteeth

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jody Troupe <jodyt2@mac.com>
  • To: evansdk@earthlink.net, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] OT: BBC NEWS | Health | 'Friendly bacteria' gumforteeth
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:01:09 -0700

>Kathy Evans wrote:

> "...host resistance was more important than eradicating the germ."

Exactly!

Appropriate to permaculture interests in soil, followers of Albrecht may know
that there was another man (Cary Reams) that continued studies into soil
health and expanded the soil interests into areas of personal health. Mr.
Reams' later became the founder of a mathematical equation that gives
extremely important information on the status of that person's health. The
closer the total measurements in the equation are to the 'ideal', the better
the health of the person in question.

As in soil health for plants, there is an ideal position within the
acid/alkaline environment of the body (among a few other factors). The closer
one is to ideal, the less the body will be bothered with unfriendly organisms
& symptoms. A healthy body is not a good host to these unfriendly bacteria,
so they do not take up residence. Balance in the body is maintained entirely
on its own.

Balance = host resistance.

This concept applies to just about anything you can think of that creates
disease conditions in the body. Since you have an 'ideal' measurement to aim
for (not just a 'normal' across a population) you can actually measure
exactly where you are.

For followers of traditional chinese medicine, there are a lot of parallels
with yin/yang theory, and acid/alkaline.

One interesting aspect of becoming certified in the application of this
equation for human health is that the instructor also requires the student to
take a soil/gardening seminar.

J. Troupe