permaculture - Re: [permaculture] (no subject)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:34:45 -0400

Keith Johnson wrote:

Kai wrote a while back about one of his peeves in regard to pluralizing acronyms. I'd like to add another.
We are PERMACULTURISTS NOT PERMACULTURALISTS. The latter is redundant, cumbersome, and one syllable longer than necessary. Its already a long word. We might as well say permaculturistists. We can speak of matters permacultural but we practice permaculture, and do things permaculturally. Perhaps we should rename the mag the Permacultural Activist.

So what is the adjectival form of permaculture? permaculturely or
permaculturally?
I like the former.