permaculture - Re: [permaculture] pond advice

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude William Genest <genest@pivot.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] pond advice
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:11:16 -0400

My question is, can I eventually turn this design into part of a greywater system and if so what should I be thinking about right now, this week, as they build it?

Another thing to consider is where the pipe is from the house that will transport the greywater ? ( is it on that side of the house ? How deep is it ? is the pond downhill from that ?) I also question whether the preform is deep enough, large enough and strong enough. For my own greywtaer system I used the ultra heavy grade pond liner and it's 20 feet long by 12 feet wide 40 inches deep ( about as deep as cattail/reed roots descend). That was the size I heard recommended for a family of four's "normal" greywater use)

Claude William