permaculture - [permaculture] Schooling- was homeschooling

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: KNat <knat@sprintmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Schooling- was homeschooling
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:15:15 -0500

Any of you creative types have a program, probably being used for permaculture influences over time, that can track progress in approx 8 areas, with benchmarks. Our school, based on experiential curriculum w permaculture eye, is in need of computerizing and I can only see us in in 3-4D.
I'd love a mind like this group helping me demonstrate what happens when you enrich a child's environment and empower their motivations. I know as a homeschooler of 20 years, with a Homeschool Resource Center for 15 years, what happens individually. Now I need to allow officials, accustomed to isolated data, to see a real school community.
Basics
A "lesson" is an activity allowing the potential for webbing into multiple "subjects."
Knowledge of "subjects" develop in usually predictable cycles but sometimes outside influences overdevelops one ahead of the others or cultivation in one area unexpectedly allows entry of a new "advanced" level.
Meanwhile a given individual, within the flow of cycles, can be best understood and nourished with information tracking to see individual patterns, as relational to influences and to inherent design, to make sure individual needs are addressed.
This is how I view everything in this land I live with and I see you all starting to use graphic means to share info with each other. Does this sound like anything one of you knows that I can use as a base for a school tracking system?

Kathyann, Ridge and Valley Charter School [http://ridgeandvalley.org/Education.html]
can be off-list at knat@sprintmail.com since not everyone may see the permaculture aspect of public school education