permaculture - [permaculture] Eating down the food chain

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J. Kolenovsky" <garden@hal-pc.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Eating down the food chain
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 00:12:12 -0500

This is interesting about the relationship between world pop and meat.
(quoted on http://gristmill.grist.org/story/2006/2/9/211544/4045).

I didn't mean that avoiding meat would cause human population to decline.
What I meant was that until we lower our population to the level where prey
species could tolerate being hunted by humans without lowering their
populations significantly, perhaps we should all avoid animal products.

Jeff Hoffman

--
Energy shortages prove its right.
Peak Oil changing is your lifestyle.

  • [permaculture] Eating down the food chain, J. Kolenovsky, 07/06/2006