permaculture - [permaculture] condensate collection and ferrocement

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "roxann" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] condensate collection and ferrocement
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:12:42 +0000

I had an idea to make funnels from metal...maybe flashing?... and hang one
over each of my thirsty plants. we're having a really dry spell and my garden
is suffering. has anyone tried such a thing before to collect condensate from
night-time and morning air? it's relatively humid in the early mornings here,
even though it hasn't rained for what seems like months and i'm sure it would
collect at least a little that would help my plants make it through this
drought. how big would the funnels need to be to collect enough moisture for
one bell pepper plant, for example?

also, we're considering using ferrocement to build our house. has anyone had
experience with this? I'm going to build my chicken house/goat hutch with it
first and see how that works out.

Roxann, NW AR, zone 6b