permaculture - [permaculture] Alternative sources of Bentonite

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jara" <jara@otenet.gr>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Alternative sources of Bentonite
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:34:19 +0300

An alternative source for Bentonite is S & B Industrial Minerals SA who have a global presence so you may be able to get it where you are. Here's their link.

http://www.s.andb.gr/

Andrew.

A note of caution: we did not know until we received our order of bentonite
(available thru most farm stores, where it is sold as a "feed binder") that
most pelletized sodium bentonite is mined by Halliburton. So, if anyone
knows of an alternate source or a more reputable company dealing in
bentonite, I would love to know where I can find them. Our pond is not
beautiful (yet) but the bentonite does do the trick for keeping water in.

  • [permaculture] Alternative sources of Bentonite, Jara, 06/20/2006