permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Bamboo and Boysenberry

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Niels Corfield <mudguard@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Bamboo and Boysenberry
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 22:21:57 +0100

Open water will do it, I think.
Just dig a moat around the baby, they are reputed to not be able to cross open water.
Dunno how deep it should be.
And lining the pond/moat will be an issue.

It's a thought.

Niels

Michael Murphy wrote:

Boysenberry plants at Simmons Berry Farm
http://www.alcasoft.com/simmons/index.html
and Winfrey Valley Nursery http://www.alcasoft.com/winfrey/
But if he's remembering California, he may have been eating
Olallieberries, see http://www.oregon-berries.com/cx1/cx1a.htm

Bamboo - I've been told copper flashing works, just bury it vertically,
but 24" wide flashing is going to be expensive these days....