permaculture - Re: [permaculture] pumps and grey water systems

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: andrew phillips <greenman124@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] pumps and grey water systems
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:50:56 -0700 (PDT)

I guess you are talking about gray water, not rain
water. What about collecting rain water off the roof
and using gravity feed to get it to your garden.

If you are using the water for garden then why need to
purify so much? Acid rain kicks in at Ph4.5 - up unil
then plants tend to take up your coloidal compost
rather than nasty stuff - but you need the copost (and
mulch).