permaculture - [permaculture] Alley cropping with Inga

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Charles de Matas" <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Alley cropping with Inga
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:00:05 +0000

The website below has an interesting article on the use of Inga spp for alley cropping in the tropics. I have a couple inga trees growing on my land but they don't seem to grow as fast on the clay soil as the erythrina or acacia trees. I'm looking for trees that will shade out the rampant grasses. Not sure what spacing I should use but will keep experimenting.

Charles

http://www.rainforestsaver.org/science.php

  • [permaculture] Alley cropping with Inga, Charles de Matas, 04/29/2006