permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Important message from Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: spidertangle@yahoogroups.com, "WRYTING-L : Writing and Theory across Disciplines" <WRYTING-L@listserv.utoronto.ca>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Important message from Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:29:41 -0600

I don't normally forward these, but auctioning off wilderness to pay for Iraq is dispicable...

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., NRDC BioGems" <biogemsdefenders@savebiogems.org>
Date: March 21, 2006 1:22:56 PM CST
To: dtv@mwt.net
Subject: Important message from Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Dear NRDC BioGems Defender,

The Bush administration wants to sell off an astonishing 300,000 acres of our
national forest lands across 35 different states -- to pay for its
mismanagement of America's finances.

We need your immediate action to stop this raid on our natural heritage, which
would sacrifice some of our nation's most treasured wildlands, including
irreplaceable expanses of several NRDC BioGems.

Go to http://www.savebiogems.org/takeaction.asp and tell the U.S. Forest
Service to withdraw this proposal to sell off any part of our national forests
for the sake of funding budget shortfalls.

The Bush administration has cynically put forward this national forest sell-off
as a fast way to raise millions to pay for a rural schools program that has run
out of funding.

America's rural schools deserve financial support -- but destroying our legacy
of national forests to pay the bills is unconscionable.

The Bush administration's lengthy list of "Forests For Sale" includes prime
habitat in Montana for bears, elk and wolves; popular recreation spots in
Alaska's Tongass National Forest; old-growth forests in northern California;
wildlife-rich ecosystems in the Appalachians and hundreds of other natural
treasures.

Logging companies, real estate developers and other commercial interests are
already lining up to start the bidding.

Go to http://www.savebiogems.org/takeaction.asp and tell the Forest Service to
protect these priceless wildlands for all Americans, present and future.

Thank you for helping to protect the legacy of America's national forests.

Sincerely,

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
NRDC Senior Attorney

. . .

Note: We appreciate the opportunity to communicate with you and other NRDC
BioGems Defenders, but if you would prefer not to receive BioGems updates or
hear from BioGems activists in the field, you can send an email message to
biogemsdefenders@savebiogems.org with "Please remove my name" in the subject
line.

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Important message from Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., mIEKAL aND, 03/21/2006