permaculture - Re: [permaculture] a formal netiquette guide

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marimike6@cs.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] a formal netiquette guide
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 04:24:10 EST

" Is list consensus that a netiquette guide for the PC list
homepage should be created or is an anarcho-unregulated freethinking
eschatological* existential* mode preferred? "

My personal vote would be for the anarcho-unregulated stuff. But my mother
taught me manners, so instead I like to be rude when in rude company, polite
when in polite company. Around here, I think an atmosphere of mutual personal
respect would be most productive of a free exchange. It would encourage the
normally silent to volunteer their valuable ideas, information and
experiences.

I can think of at least one list that was made nearly useless due to the
untiring work of a list tyrant. Happily, we don't have that problem here.