permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Libraries of standard designs?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Greg <FarmerGreg@UrbanFarm.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Libraries of standard designs?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:11:27 -0700

Bob,

You might check out the new book Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands: Guiding Principles to Welcome Rain into Your Life And Landscape by Brad Lancaster. Brad is a water harvesting guru. I am sure that there will be some ideas in there for you.

As for the square building, I would need more information, but would be glad to chat with you either off list or on the phone as we are doing a lot of rainwater harvesting designs here in (Oh my gosh we haven't had rain in 130 days) Phoenix. It is waking people up.

Greg Peterson
602-565-7045
Greg@urbanfarm.org

Are there libraries of standard designs out there?
I keep seeing the concept in Mollison's work
referring to small pieces of permaculture design
that can be plugged into a design report. I am
aware of the standard designs available through
Yankee Permaculture/Dan Hemenway, but I don't
think I have ever seen any elsewhere.

I am particularly interested in a standard design
for rainwater harvesting of a square building.

Bob Waldrop, working on his own permaculture
design report in Oklahoma City