permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Space Heating With Wood ("Heating Stoves") document from Aprovecho submitted by Niels Corfield

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Space Heating With Wood ("Heating Stoves") document from Aprovecho submitted by Niels Corfield
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:59:52 -0500

Wordgarden wrote:

Hi Lawrence et al.,

Long URLs can easily get broken in an email.

Have you come across www.tinyurl.com ?
It's a webbased utility that turns large URLs into small ones.
For example http://tinyurl.com/9akk4 (which has 24 characters) is the tiny
url for the URL you posted here
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/alternative-energy/HeatingWi
thWood/HeatingStoves-Aprovecho.pdf (which has 97 characters)

Check it out. It's a good tool.

Thanks for the pointer. With the number of files I have online it wouldn't be
practical
to use tinyurl. I just assume those sufficiently interested will piece
together the complete working URL\
into their browser, like...

This: http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/alternative-energy/HeatingWi
plus this: thWood/HeatingStoves-Aprovecho.pdf

.... will sure get you there.

LL