permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] feeding grain to dairy cows]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] feeding grain to dairy cows]
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:15:04 -0500

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:00:01 -0600
From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@TXCYBER.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Greetings,
I am not a scientist, but I do know a legal raw milk dairy that is 100%
grass fed and they do not use any fancy genetics. They bought their cow
from the same commercial dairy that I bought mine from and she is now
100% grass fed. They are all Jersey cows. We do use alfalfa hay in
addition to quality grass and horse hay, but no grain. Their farm is
www.sandcreekfarm.net <http://www.sandcreekfarm.net/> It is probably
much easier to feed grain, but it is not necessary. Also, we do not use
chemicals. Lots of compost and compost tea gives real good hay.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] feeding grain to dairy cows], Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/14/2006