permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Raising guinea pigs for meat

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Raising guinea pigs for meat
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:42:16 -0500

dwoodard@becon.org wrote:

I've encountered a couple of causal mentions of guinea pigs tasting
rather bland. It may be worthwhile for you to contact people who have
actually eaten them as well as other meats, and don't have an axe to
grind.

What got me interested was hearing from a friend who was born and raised in
Peru
who said they were delicious grilled or barbecued, better than rabbit. This is
what got me interested. I would be interested in hearing more about the
culinary qualities of guinea.
I have seen tv documentaries of Peruvians deep frying them.

LL