permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Debate on Climate Shifts to Issue of Irreparable Change

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rael Bassan <rael@ripco.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Debate on Climate Shifts to Issue of Irreparable Change
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:34:44 -0600

But far from impossible. Seemingly unlikely transitions such as the fall of Apartheid and the USSR do occur. What is needed is to get the US off it's butt, and take the lead.

More is bubbling up in our mainstream media (see below).
Perhaps there is now enough ammunition to arouse our neighbors toward political action...Rael

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_028143048.html
1- 28 << Title >> Bill Clinton: Climate Change World's Biggest Concern
[At Davos] "It's the only thing that I believe has the power to fundamentally end the march of civilization as we know it, and make a lot of the other efforts that we're making irrelevant and impossible."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/25/AR2006012502230.html
1- 26 << Title >> Al Gore, Sundance's Leading Man...
" ...believes humans may have only 10 years left to save the planet from turning into a total frying pan."
"An Inconvenient Truth" is the title of the new movie Gore stars in, and his book, due out in April

http://www.mdgreens.org/montgomery/blog/2006/01/20/473/
<< Title >> The New 'Sputnik' Challenges: They All Run on Oil
1-20 New York Times "...If we don't quickly move to renewable alternatives to fossil fuels, we will warm up, smoke up and choke up this planet far faster than at any time in the history of the world. Katrina will look like a day at the beach."