permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Pleached house plans from MIT...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Pleached house plans from MIT...
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:34:10 -0600

biotecture is hardly new, tho there is still a lotta room for R & D.

http://www.arborsmith.com/history.html

tho his efforts seem to be put more toward earning money by selling self-contained tree-sculpture projects, Richard Reames has been actively doing this for years. subscribe to his too infrequent newsletter to keep in touch with. the applications in permaculture are endless & little explored. our willow kiva project we planted in 97 failed because of a bad choice of species (a local river willow species that suckers profusely). the new projects will consider the species a lot more carefully (the biomass willow seems a much better choice of salix).

~mIEKAL