permaculture - [permaculture] Home made Earthboxes (gravity-fed, low pressure drip irrigation)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Fritz <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Home made Earthboxes (gravity-fed, low pressure drip irrigation)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:40:48 -0800 (PST)

In case anyone on this thread was not aware, the following links are helpful
for those who are looking for low maintenance irrigation. I would only
substitute for the hydroponic fertilization aspect of the systems.

John.

Here is a summary of everything I've found on "Earth Boxes," a
combination between Hydroponic gardening and container gardening. We
have just received our 1st Earth Box and will be testing it out on
tomatoes.

The original commercial Earth Box:
http://www.earthbox.com/
http://www.jaynesgarden.com/Food/earth-box.htm

Home Made Earth Box plans:
http://www.josho.com/Earthbox.htm
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg0501044214330.html
http://www.extension.iastate.edu/newsrel/2004/apr04/apr0424.html

Daisy Chain boxes together using hose & bulkheads
http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings.categories/ssid/327

connected to a Watering Box attached to your water.This float valve
controls the water level.
http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/8221/cid/2024

  • [permaculture] Home made Earthboxes (gravity-fed, low pressure drip irrigation), John Fritz, 01/17/2006