permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Eco Village Permaculture Challenge

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, FranksFarm@aol.com
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Eco Village Permaculture Challenge
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:36:37 EST

> Good day,

I've been on the list a long time, and am an avid PC supporter. I need no
convincing:)

Here's the challenge!

I have a 455 acre farm located in south central Kentucky that would be
perfect for an ECO-Village based upon PC principles.

However, I do not have the time, the energy, or the expertise to develop such
on my own.

If by networking we can put together a team that can design, build, and
market such an Eco-Village successfully it would also make an outstanding
demonstration center where future PC Courses, sustainable farming systems,
etc., could
be demonstrated.

Great hands on project for PC interns, WOOF workers, students, etc., etc.
Plenty of work to go round:)

There's an old house that could easily updated to supply limited housing.

I'm willing to work out reasonable compensation, donation of land, etc., if
the project is successful, but of course that too needs much enlightened
discussion.

If anyone is interested in participating, and developing the property please
let me know.

I've brought this up now and then but such takes a tremendous leap of faith
that few can afford to take, which is entirely understandable, but which is
precisely why we don't see more Eco Villages.
There's an enormous amount of work to be done, but it can be so much fun, and
so exciting, such a better model for living that I hope some of the Designers
might take up the challenge.

Farm is very private, in very rural area yet just off county road, and within
an hour or so from Lexington, KY. Beautiful natural surroundings with a mile
frontage on a State stocked trout stream, mix of pasture, and mixed hard wood
forest. Currently run as primarily pasture raised beef cow calf operation
under rotational grazing system. No Chemicals or pesticides used on ground.
Good,
productive soils in bottoms.

let's talk:) Frank

  • Re: [permaculture] Eco Village Permaculture Challenge, FranksFarm, 01/17/2006