permaculture - [permaculture] More cats in the garden

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Michelle Maggiore" <mmaggior@mindspring.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] More cats in the garden
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:05:07 -0500

I realize this was not the exact gist of the conversation, but I would like
to add to all the good advice the importance of "birdproofing" your cats-
that is, putting audible bells on their collars to alarm the birds that the
cats are coming. My friend has several "rescued" cats and this is what she
does. It seems to work well enough.
I don't think we will adopt a cat, as I am allergic to them, but several
people have suggested cats might keep the poisonous snakes from mating near
my back door (there have been several in the last year, between the back
stoop and the tomatoes).
Good luck....the advice about the skewer type additions in the beds is
excellent! Thanks for that....
Cheers,
Michelle

SUSTAINABLE SCOTTSVILLE
Creating sustainable options right here at home:
http://home.mindspring.com/~mmaggior

  • [permaculture] More cats in the garden, Michelle Maggiore, 01/15/2006