permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Startup hopes to tap electricity from trees

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Startup hopes to tap electricity from trees
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:55:27 -0800

I'm about 95% as skeptical as John here. The only new thing about this is
that solar energy via photosynthesis may provide the energy needed to
constantly maintain the electrolyte differential. In other words, it's still
just a battery but it looks like it's also attached to a solar battery
charger. That makes it different from, and potentially (excuse the pun
there) more useful than a lemon battery.

Toby
Learn permaculture in at a tropical food forest in Belize this February.
Details at www.patternliteracy.com