permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Need list of wholesale vegetable seed companies inUS for 2006 planting

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bill McDorman <bm@seedsave.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Need list of wholesale vegetable seed companies inUS for 2006 planting
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:18:14 -0700

Dylan:

I have been in the seed industry for more than 25 years. The tradional
wholesale/retail description doesn't apply exactly to seed companies. Many
retail companies sell bulk amounts at greatly reduced prices and this is
perceived as wholesale. On the other hand, most people have never heard the
names of the truly wholesale seed companies because they are growers and
only sell in huge quantities. I am still learning to navigate this mess.

Send me a list of what you want and I will help steer you in the right
direction. Not much of what we sell will help you. All I can do is save
you some steps looking.

bill

__o
_'\<,_