permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Jerusalem Permaculture Guest House

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Joshua Dolan <rainbowwarrior14874@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Jerusalem Permaculture Guest House
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:09:18 -0800 (PST)

Hello Akiva:

Nice to read about your place in the Holy Land. I too
am also interested in learning about any permaculture
projects that you may know of in your region,
particularly on the west bank. I know that there is
an amazing project just over the river in Jordan
created by Geoff Lawton. But it seems like the west
bank is in particular need of assistance and I am
wondering if you know of any projects there? My
partner is headed there in a few days and will be
staying for three months. She works for a Woman's
Peace house in Palestine, but is interested in
permaculture, particularly how it can help in healing
communities stricken by war, how it might be used as a
peaceful tool of reconciliation, how it can be used to
empower woman, etc. Can you point me in the right
direction?

Joshua Dolan
> > Are you participating in any Israeli-Palestinian
> permaculture projects or any in Palestine proper,
> restoring food production and terrain in places
> where
> it may have been disrupted?
>

> hi larry, good to hear from you-
>
> now that i feel at home and have many hosting
> responsibilities at the very happening and
> remunerative permaculture guesthouse, i seldom leave
> jerusalem (even for tel aviv and certainly not where
> someone might want to throw a rock at me.) i am
> restoring food production in my back yard and the
> backyard of the building next to me. fortunately,
> jerusalem is the crossroads for an amazing diversity
> of people, including muslims, sikhs, christians,
> buddhists, etc.
> if they care for the earth and all inhabitants
> thereof, they are my people.

"Vast tasks, calling for all the courage, discipline, dedication, and
ingenuity commonly associated with war, will have to be carried out if the
majority of humankind are to survive and enjoy a tolerable future"
---Robert Hart

  • Re: [permaculture] Jerusalem Permaculture Guest House, Joshua Dolan, 12/26/2005