permaculture - [permaculture] soaker hose/drip pipe experience

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] soaker hose/drip pipe experience
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:28:50 -0800 (PST)

Hey Darren,

Don't you have a problem with the lower areas getting more water than the
upper areas? Also, this type of pipe gradually gets larger and larger holes
in it, in my experience, until it is not really useable anymore. Don't you
think the embedded energy in this pipe (even though it is partially recycled)
ends up being more than the long-lasting emitters? Also, why do you say that
you can grow more trees with this pipe when you can add as many emitters as
you want to with poly pipe? And how come you can irrigate less frequently?
I'm trying to do a similar agroforestry project in an area with a similar
climate (inland northern California coast) and would love to learn more
because I'm just about to install my irrigation system.

Thanks,

Rain

Yahoo! Personals