permaculture - [permaculture] Honey locust pods

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Honey locust pods
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 02:02:47 -0500 (EST)

J. Russell Smith discusses them in his book "Tree Crops."

There is considerable variation in pod quality and yield. Greg Williams
of NAFEX and NNGA used to collect cultivars. One that comes to mind
is "Millwood."

"Ashworth" from northern New York state may be avaialble from St. Lawrence
Nurseries by special order.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada