permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Straw bale urinals

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <woodsjay@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Straw bale urinals
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:05:02 -0500

On the basis of much experimentation with trees (and no
straw bales) I find that this can be a sex specific
problem. In order to reduce urine splash for males, two
straw bales would be in order, one upright as the primary
target and one in front laying down to absorb splash (to
keep it off my shoes).

For females while the usual tree approach is possible, the
lack of training will reduce accuracy making the bale in
front even more necessary. For those who require seats and
other such creature comforts, make it happen and decrease
the general misery.

The bale idea seems to be a solution with no substantial
problem. Such of us who can make use of the trees, have
found a more sustainable solution in that trees have the
immediate use of it.

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 11:53 am,
sinergyinaction@netscape.net wrote:
> Hi,
> what is the simplest way to set up a straw bale urinal
(a urinal were you
> pee on a straw bale, not a straw bale building with a
urinal into it) and
> make it work finely without too much bad smell? I read
you need to have a
> bale set upright, leaning on a post or so, but is it
necessary for it to
> lay its bottom in a container, to avoid spilling urine
on the (open)