permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Fwd: organic foods under attack]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: growingsmallfarms@lists.ncsu.edu, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Fwd: organic foods under attack]
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:27:25 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] Fwd: organic foods under attack
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 07:55:01 -0500
From: richmo@INDY.NET
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Jim and others,
I think that in the global corporate shark dictionary there is no entry
for national pride or national character. As a matter of fact there are
probably few entries between "excess profit" and "return on investment".
Corporations pit nation against nations, as well as people against
people. The US is a waning giant in the global corporate shark world. It
is a huge reservoir of wealth that the corporation are now using up
dollar by dollar ( more like cell phone by cell phone). Corporations
under the guise of personhood will pull green out of the US for as long
as they can be efficient at it. Ford recently said it has to follow the
Asian market because that is where the money is. They are closing plants
here. The US produces alot of tanning salons, fast food, intellectual
consternation ( my first draft I used mastur with a bation on the end
but it got bounced), and you name it but little in the way of good
product. Small farmers can make real milk, raw milk. The
junk agribusiness produces is no more a food than tap water. It is a
dead product forced on the consumer by those who want to control the
means of production. Small farms and small businesses can produce good
food and good products. We just can not be so tight with our money in
that race to the bottom. Support local production of anything. Local
economies and local systems need to take back control of the planet from
the corporations. A Walmartian Society of greed will dome us all.

Rich Molini
Atlanta, Indiana
http://www.geocities.com/eiofarm/