permaculture - [permaculture] Rotting Veggies and EEC surplus

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Andrew Clements" <jara@otenet.gr>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Rotting Veggies and EEC surplus
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:00:58 +0300

Dear Michael,

Thanks a lot. Good thinking with the grocers - local farmers too, just
realised, have loads of rotting veggies - thanks to EEC quotas, subsidies,
surplus and general meddling ;-)

Andrew.

Andrew asks "Rockdust again - is deciduous tree orchard leaf fall enough
> organic matter to get me micro-organisms munching on me rockdust or do I
need to
> get me mates to give me their banana skins and apple peels."
>
> Moist vegetable matter will make the process go a lot faster. If you have
> lot of leaf mold, ask your local grocers if they can spare their moldy old
> vegetables. And in a dry season be sure to hose the pile down regularly.
>
> Michael

  • [permaculture] Rotting Veggies and EEC surplus, Andrew Clements, 04/02/2005