permaculture - Re: [permaculture] solar fence charger

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jen Montgomery <jen.montgomery@gmail.com>
  • To: DSIRIP01@shepherd.edu, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] solar fence charger
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:22:03 -0500

Hi David -

Check out Slippery Rock University's website sru.edu and search for
the Macoskey Center's solar tool kit (which may be more power than
what you are looking for) and movable chicken house designs. I've
worked with this set up for a year now and have been happy with the
current design. We used a "Sun xtender" battery with a 60 watt PV
panel and a morning star 12 volt charge controler. We run the fence
energizer directly off the battery and use an electric netting.

Good luck,
Jen Montgomery