permaculture - Re: [permaculture] new list, old issues, old sores, old saws

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] new list, old issues, old sores, old saws
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:07:39 EST

good day,

I've held my tongue till now on this issue.

But I'd like to remind every one of Larry London's pioneering efforts in
making this list, and others like it on sustainable agriculture, etc., happen.

He's spent countless hours dedicated to spreading the word. We all owe him
much.

And this latest round of personal attacks, and bashing I find rather
distasteful.

I do NOT pretend to know the reasons some people were apparently booted off
the list, but I'm fairly confident that it was NOT because your views
differed
from Larry's.

We MUST all remember that email cannot convey accurately the writer's
feelings or intentions.

I've seen people get all worked up because they somehow interpreted an email
quite different from what was intended.

Larry, I just want you to know that I and many others are aware of the good
you have done which far outweigh any possible errors, or personal differences
that might have somehow caused others to respond negatively.

Let's NOT forget we are all HUMAN! Give Larry a break.

By the way I'm very interested in all these topics, and have read quite a
bit. But I do find that there's far too much discussion of Courses, Teaching,
etc., rather than SHARING your expertise with others.

I believe that such is a great impediment to the spread of permaculture. Just
my two cents. Frank